The Vitamin Aisle: Too Many Choices
When consumers were asked what was their biggest obstacle in choosing vitamins, the number one reason given was that they were overwhelmed with too many choices. It’s totally understandable. Walk down any vitamin aisle in a drugstore or grocery chain and you will see hundreds of different choices.
Some consumers get frustrated not only by trying to pick the correct vitamin but then they have to select the proper strength. I was talking to someone about vitamin D and she responded “I know I should take it but then I see all these choices 500IU, 1000IU, 2000IU and I just freeze up and don’t know which to choose.”
Planet 3 Vitamin Packs were created with the confused consumer in mind. We’ve done the homework for you and formulated our vitamin packs with you in mind. When deciding what went into our formulation we considered the following:
- Is this a vitamin or supplement that has lots of research showing positive benefits?
- Is this a water soluble or fat soluble vitamin? Many folks don’t know the difference and it’s important to not overload your body with too high of a dosage of fat soluble supplements as they are stored in the body.
- Is this a supplement that is widely recommended by doctors or health care practitioners? We didn’t try to get fancy and put trendy ingredients into our formulation, we stuck with the things that are well known & familiar: Vitamin B12 (energy*) , Vitamin C, Vitamin D (bones, energy & more*) , Omega-3 Fish Oil (heart health & inflammation*) , Magnesium, Lutein & Zeaxanthin (eyes*) , Probiotics (digestive health*) , Biotin (hair, skin & nails*) , Zinc, Vitamin B3 and Elderberry (antioxidant & immunity*) are the key supplements found in our packs. (For a complete ingredient list see the Supplement Facts Table.)
- Just as important as what’s in our packs is what’s NOT in our packs. We chose not to put iron in our packs as most people get enough iron in their normal diet and taking too much iron can be harmful. Listen to your healthcare provider when considering iron supplements or any vitamin for that matter.
- While we believe taking a multivitamin is better than taking nothing to help fill gaps in your nutrition, there is just no way a multivitamin can compare to the full spectrum of nutrients found in our vitamin packs. We’re probably the only supplement company that consistently says we should all get our nutrients from food sources, but we also understand that the fact is that 90 percent of us do not eat enough fruits and vegetables every day.
It’s our sincere belief that a well-formulated assortment of vitamins can be hugely beneficial to helping you get key nutrients your body may not be getting through your normal diet. We always hope that you would choose our vitamin packs to get a full spectrum of key nutrients, but if you selected another reputable, quality brand we’d be happy about that as well. Just taking a step to adding quality vitamins to your daily regimen is the most important goal, whether they are our brand or another.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult a healthcare provider prior to use if: pregnant, nursing, on medications, have a medical condition or are planning a medical procedure. Stop use and contact a physician if adverse reactions occur. Keep out of reach of children. Store this product in a cool, dry place.